Monday 12 March 2012

so good you won't believe it's black beans



So, in constant quest for non-meat sources of protein for my toddler, I decided to give the black bean brownie recipe a try. And you know what? It was delicious. Seriously yummy. However, I wasn't happy with how much sugar was added to it, so I tweaked the recipe a little. 

It's simple. It's quick to make and Remy loves it. Ok. We all love it, and I don't worry about letting him eat it because it is healthy- well as healthy as can be. And most importantly, I am able to sneak in a little extra protein. It is also gluten free, so safe for celiacs.

Here are the main ingredients:



Black beans

 Cocoa

 Honey

 eggs

 Full recipe:

1 can low sodium  or no salt added black beans
3 eggs
1/4 cup cocoa (preferably organic)
1/4 cup (more or less depending on your preference) raw, unpasturized honey
1 banana (this is the secret to being able to reduce added sugar)
pinch of salt
dash of vanilla

blend all of the above ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into a butter 8x8 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes- voila! Easy peasy!


xo Jo

No comments: