Thursday 26 April 2012

simple and healthy berry muffins


This is a recipe I have adapted from my good friend Anna. The recipe was delicious on its own, but I had to meddle with it and just tweak the nutritional content a little so that, again, I sneak in as much nutritional goodness as I can for my son.

preheat oven to 400.

1/2 cup of quinoa flour
2 cups of whole wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup organic evaporated cane juice sugar
dash of salt
1 cup buttermilk (coconut milk would work too)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted ( I actually used peanut oil once because I did not have enough butter and that worked.)
1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, Saskatoon berries or blackberries

Combine in the usual manner.  spoon into paper lined muffin tin. adjust where it suits, such as using brown sugar and/or skimping on the amount.

bake for 20 minutes.

Thanks Anna. These are so easy to make. And they are good.

No comments: