Sunshine, warmth, happiness, hope. Cowardice, deceit, hazard, and death. Such a conflicted colour. You either love it or hate it.
Interesting notes about Yellow:
- In Chinese culture, colors corresponded with the five primary elements, the directions, and the four seasons. Yellow was associated with earth and the center (in relation to direction).
- The Chinese have placed a predominance upon the color yellow not seen elsewhere in the world. It was the color of emperors during both the Ming dynasty and the Qing dynasty.
- Huangdi, also known as the Yellow Emperor, is thought to be the founder of Chinese civilization, due to the tremendous amount of inventions that took place during his reign.
- In India, yellow is the color of the Vaisya caste, or farmers, and is the color Hindus wear to celebrate the Festival of Spring.
- During the tenth century in France, the doors of traitors and criminals were painted yellow.
- In the United States, taxi cabs and school buses are associated with the color yellow.
- During the 1357 Japanese "War of Dynasty," warriors wore a yellow chrysanthemum as a pledge of courage.
- Jews wore yellow armbands in Nazi concentration camps.
- In Aztec culture, yellow symbolized food because it was the colour of corn, the primary food of the Aztec people.
- Yellow signifies “sadness” in Greece’s culture and “jealousy” in France’s culture.
- Yellow is psychologically the happiest color in the color spectrum.
- In medical terms, a yellow flag indicates a quarantine.
- Yellow Stones: Amber, Calcite, Cat's Eye, Citrine, Fluorite, Golden Beryl, Golden Yellow Topaz, Golden Tiger Eye, Iron Pyrite, Lemon Chrysoprase, Yellow Celestite, Yellow Danburite, Yellow Garnet, Yellow Jade, Yellow Jasper, Yellow Kunzite, Yellow Muscovite, Yellow Rhodonite, Yellow Sapphire, Yellow Tourmaline
- The comic book character Green Lantern was afraid of the color yellow.
- 75% of the pencils sold in the United States are painted yellow.
- from http://www.sensationalcolor.com/color-messages-meanings/color-meaning-symbolism-psychology/all-about-the-color-yellow.html